Learn More

Who is eligible?

In order to be eligible to apply for CCAMPIS funding you must:

  • Be Pell grant eligible (this is determined simply by filing a FAFSA with the CSUSB Financial Aid office prior to applying for childcare scholarship aid)
  • Be an undergraduate student enrolled at least half-time (six units per quarter) at CSUSB for the term during which subsidies are sought.
  • Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
  • Be the parent of a child/children aged six months to twelve year's old, with the child/children having been claimed as a dependent on your previous year's federal tax return. (If child was not old enough to have been claimed on last year's tax return, a copy of the birth certificate will suffice).
  • As a result of the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA), students enrolled in a graduate or first professional course of study and students in the United States for a temporary purpose are eligible to receive the benefits of CCAMPIS.

Once a recipient, what are my obligations?

If you do qualify to receive CCAMPIS funding you will be required to:

  • Maintain at least half-time enrollment (six units per quarter).
  • Provide a written report to the CCAMPIS coordinator of any changes in the information provided on this application within 5 calendar days of the change. (Failure to report such changes could result in a forfeiture of grant funds).
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by the CSUSB Financial Aid Office. This includes completing the requisite number of units for the students enrollment status (half-time or full-time) and maintaining a 2.0 GPA.
  • Provide evidence of having academic advising for each quarter for which a subsidy is received.
  • Attend a mandatory CCAMPIS parent orientation/ workshop offered quarterly.
  • If your child is enrolled at the Infant/Toddler Lab School (I/TLS), you must volunteer at I/TLS for a minimum of 6 hours per quarter. If your child is enrolled at the Children's Center (CC), you must volunteer at least a minimum of 6 hours per quarter (CC volunteer hours may not apply depending on the amount of CCAMPIS subsidy needed)
  • Attend at least 1 workshop with the CCAMPIS Parent Education Specialist.
  • Attend 1 campus workshop (this requirement may be adjusted depending on which center your child attends)
  • Participate in a quarterly survey designed to evaluate the CCAMPIS project.



    ***If you do not fulfill these requirements, you will not be eligible to apply for CCAMPIS funding in the future. You may also be expected to repay any funding already awarded to you.


    How do I apply?

    If you meet the above criteria and are interested in applying for the CCAMPIS grant, please go to the Infant/Toddler Lab School and/or the Children's Center to inquire about enrolling your child.  Upon successful enrollment at the Infant/Toddler Lab School or the Children's Center, pick up an eligibility application for CCAMPIS from I/TLS or the Children's Center. Be sure to apply prior to the quarter in which you wish to receive funding. Applications stand for on academic year (Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer).

    Child Care Access Means Parents in School Program website.